Recipe by MilanzMom
I found this recipe many years ago in a Church cookbook. This is easy and very tasty!
Top Review by Soobeeoz
I made this yesterday and was about to post the recipe then found it was already up. The recipe I have gives the cooking time as 90 minutes, but my loaf was done in 80. It was quite brown around the 50 minute mark, so I covered it with foil for the rest of the cooking time. Pecans or walnuts were suggested, and I used pecans. A half cup of maraschino cherries is said to be a nice addition. A delicious, moist loaf I plan to make again, so it's pleasing to know the recipe is here where I can easily find it. Thanks, MilanzMom. :)
- 158.51 ml butter, softened
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 354.88 ml mashed bananas
- 650.62 ml flour, sifted
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar in mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and bananas.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternating with sour cream, stirring well after each addition.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour into greased and floured 5x9-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 1/4 hours or until loaf tests done.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Store tightly wrapped in refrigerator.