Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I found this recipe many years ago in a Church cookbook. This is easy and very tasty!
Make and share this Banana Sour Cream-Walnut Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream butter and sugar in mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and bananas.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternating with sour cream, stirring well after each addition.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour into greased and floured 5x9-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 1/4 hours or until loaf tests done.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Store tightly wrapped in refrigerator.
I made this yesterday and was about to post the recipe then found it was already up. The recipe I have gives the cooking time as 90 minutes, but my loaf was done in 80. It was quite brown around the 50 minute mark, so I covered it with foil for the rest of the cooking time. Pecans or walnuts were suggested, and I used pecans. A half cup of maraschino cherries is said to be a nice addition. A delicious, moist loaf I plan to make again, so it's pleasing to know the recipe is here where I can easily find it. Thanks, MilanzMom. :)
A really moist batter bread indeed! The addition of the sour cream gives it a lovely underlying tang! I must confess, I had no walnuts so I substituted some sliced almonds and it was superb!I'll be saving this one for sure! Thanks for posting this recipe!