Great banana flavor! This is a recipe adapted from an Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa) cookbook.
Make and share this Banana Sour Cream Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a second bowl whisk together milk, sour cream, eggs, vanilla extract, and lemon zest.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones, mixing only until combined.
- In a large skillet melt 1 tbsp of butter over medium-low heat until it bubbles.
- Ladle 1/4 cup of batter into the pan (2 or 3 pancakes depending on size you like).
- Distribute 1/4 cup of sliced on pancakes.
- Cook 2-3 minutes, until bubbles appear on top, and the underside is nicely browned.
- Flip the pancakes and the cook for another minute, until browned.
- Wipe out the pan with a paper towel, add another tbsp and another 1/4 cup of batter, and continue process until batter is gone.
- Good garnished with bananas, butter, and maple syrup.