Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Make and share this Banana Sour Cream Nut Bread With Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup butter (or 1/3 c butter plus 1/3 c applesauce)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas (about 1 1/2 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs together.
- Combine dry ingredients.3Blend both mixtures, beating until well mixed.
- Add mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and chopped nuts.
- Pour into buttered loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1.25 hour.
- Cool upright for 15-20 minutes before inverting pan to remove loaf.
- Glaze: Combine bananas and sugar in small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cook over low heat, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice and mix.
- Pour over banana bread when cool.
It's always so exciting when I'm the first to review a recipe that's been posted for awhile. I continue to try many types of Banana Bread as we always seem to have some going past their prime. This was one that certainly went together fast and easy and was very moist with a rich banana taste. It was a little sweeter than what I usually like so think next time I'd cut back a little on the sugar and maybe just use one cup. The glaze is VERY different and DH loved it (again a little sweet for my taste) I like to make my bread in mini loaf pans so that we can have one and freeze the rest for days when I need something fast (there's only the 2 of us) and I'm not real sure how this glaze will freeze but can't wait to find out the next time we have company over. All in all a very nice recipe. Thanks for posting