Recipe by MarieRynr
This is an exceptional cake with a lovely Banana Flavor.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Marie, I made this and divided it in two 8-inch square pans and gave one away to a member of my family, there is a lot of batter to this recipe and filled the pans almost to the top! the combination of bananas and blueberries are wonderful... this cake has both flavor and texture, this is a wonderful recipe, it really deserves more than 5 stars, it will go into my favorites! Marie, thanks for sharing....Kittencal:)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries (optional) or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 -4 tablespoons cold butter, cut into bits
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Lightly coat a 9 by 13inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cream the sugar, butter and shortening with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix together dry ingredients and gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until well blended.
- Stir in the sour cream and then the banana. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon into the prepared pan.
- Combine all the ingredients for the topping in a small bowl, mixing until crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Let cool completely on wire rack before unmolding and cutting to serve.