Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an exceptional cake with a lovely Banana Flavor.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries (optional) or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 -4 tablespoons cold butter, cut into bits
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Lightly coat a 9 by 13inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cream the sugar, butter and shortening with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix together dry ingredients and gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until well blended.
- Stir in the sour cream and then the banana. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon into the prepared pan.
- Combine all the ingredients for the topping in a small bowl, mixing until crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Let cool completely on wire rack before unmolding and cutting to serve.
Very nice cake. thanks for sharing
Very tasty snack cake! I halved the recipe and baked in a 9x9 Pyrex. I subbed applesauce for the shortening and left out the blueberries. I'll make this again! Next time, I might add some chopped nuts to the topping.
Absolutely delicious! Made a few changes to save on calories and the cake was still VERY moist and tasty: used splenda instead of sugar and substituted the 1 cup butter for 1/4 butter and 3/4 apple sauce. Will definitely make this again! FYI topping is divine.