1/4 Photos of Banana-Sour Cream Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Crafty Lady 13's Note:
I got this recipe from the Kraft Food and Family magazine. Each bit of this unbelievable cake brims with the sweet flavor of ripe bananas and a nutty walnut crunch. Plus, it gets a head start from a boxed cake mix to save you time. Time to make does not include cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix (2-layer size)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup ripe banana, mashed (about 3 bananas)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Grease and flour 13 x 9-inch baking pan; set aside.
- 3Beat cake mix, eggs, bananas, sour cream and oil in a large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened, stopping frequently to scrape bottom and side of bowl.
- 4Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 5Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 6Bake for 35 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 7Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- 8Beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- 9Gradually add powdered sugar, beating after each addition until well blended.
- 10Remove cake from pan, cut crosswise in half.
- 11Place one cake half, top-side down, on large serving plate.
- 12spread top with frosting.
- 13Top with remaining cake half, top-side up.
- 14Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting.
- 15Carefully press walnuts into frosting on side of cake.
- 16Store any leftovers in refrigerator.
- 17Tip: Neatly frost this cake by freezing cake layers about 20 minutes before frosting.
- 18This helps to set the crumbs on the cut edges of the cake layers so they don't pull up into the frosting.
- 19Don't worry if the frosting doesn't look perfect on the sides of the cake; the walnuts will cover any imperfections.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana-Sour Cream Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.2
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 77.4 mg
- Sodium 313.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 43.0 g
- Protein 5.3 g