Recipe by Evie*
another large cake, great for bake sales
Top Review by Karen=^..^=
This is a tasty, dense cake. I used VERY ripe bananas, but it did not turn out very sweet. I would like it a bit sweeter, but the family liked it and it is a BIG cake. Great for company or bake sales, as stated. Thanks!
- 250 g butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup boiling milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften butter.
- Cream butter and sugar until pale.
- Gradually add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Peel and mash the bananas.
- Add the bananas and sour cream to the batter.
- Sift flour and baking powder together.
- Fold into the banana mixture.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the milk.
- Add to the banana mixture.
- Pour batter into a greased and lined 32cm x 22cm roasting dish.
- Bake at 180C degrees for about 1 hour or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- when cold, ice with chocolate icing.
- Sift icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl.
- Beat in the butter.
- Add sufficient hot water to give a spreadable icing.