Recipe by TiaGem
This is a recipe that is one of my favorites because everyone LOVES this bread and if I give them some, they never forget it! You need bananas that are so ripe, they have black spots all over them. In fact, what I usually do is stick those bananas in the freezer whole until I have enough to make this bread. Then I thaw them in a bowl and rip the stem off and just squeeze out the insides for the recipe. It makes enough to share a loaf (or a few) with your neighbors, friends, co-workers, or you could just stow them away in the freezer for when you run out. It comes out very moist inside, with a crispy crust. DEEEEEEELICIOUS!
Top Review by FRLFCLVR
I usually make this recipe in 5 standard loaf pans, but for Christmas I made 3 1/2 dozen muffins, and they were great! I cooked 12 large muffins at a time for approx. 35 minutes, then cooled on a wire rack before putting them in a container.
cinnamon sugar shaker or
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar, mixed with
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 6 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 C) Grease your loaf pans or spray w/ nonstick cooking spray.
- (I use various sizes of pans, but if you are using mini-loaf pans you can get about 7 out of this recipe. Just grease each pan as you go if you are unsure how many. Each will need to be filled about halfway with batter.) Using your cinnamon-sugar shaker (the easiest way, if you have one) or cinnamon-sugar mixture, sprinkle each pan so that the sides and bottom are well-coated.
- Put the pans aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Add salt, baking soda, and flour to the mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the nuts and divide batter among prepared pans.
- Bake for 45 min-1 hour depending on the pan size.
- The loaf is done when a toothpick or knife is inserted in the middle and comes out clean.