Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
i had some really ripe bananas that i couldnt waste so one day i was bored and i put this pie together...its a cold dessert something like an ice cream pie...its delicious my brother says it tastes like banana split. this recipe makes 3 pies you can easily prepare the caramel sauce and cream cheese mix and refrigerate for later use
- 2 ready to bake pie crusts
- 3 very ripe bananas, smashed
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 (14 ounce) bags caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon rum or 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup toffee pieces
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup pecans
- prepare your pie crust according to directions for one crust pie bake until golden brown, cool.
- melt the caramels in microwave with rum and whipping cream only takes a minute or so.
- mix bananas, coconut, condensed milk and cream cheese, refrigerate.
- mix toffee bits walnuts and pecans.
- sprinkle onto cooled pie crust pour the caramel sauce over the nut mixture, let cool for about 20 minutes.
- pour the cream cheese banana mixture over the caramel sauce until the pie crust is filled.
- freeze until set.
- you will have plenty of cream cheese mixture left over you can refrigerate or freeze until youre ready to make more pies.
When I froze it, the caramel layer froze so hard that not even a knife could cut it. When I finally did break a piece off, it was too hard to eat. I finally gave up and ended up eating the banana layer by itself and had to toss the rest. Sorry!