Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a favorite at my house, I make it often!
Make and share this Banana Snack Cake With Delicious Cream Cheese Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove (can use more to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg (can use more to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon whipping cream (unwhipped) or 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 8 or 9-inch square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add in the mashed bananas, buttermilk, vanilla and egg; mix well.
- In a small bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- Add into the creamed mixture; mix well.
- Stir in the nuts or chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the cake test done, and is a golden brown.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- For frosting: In a medium bowl, combine all frosting ingredients.
- Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Spread over cooled cake.
Terrific recipe! I added a splash of banana liqueur to the frosting ingredients-yum! I also came up with a no-mess way to mash the bananas. I put the peeled bananas in a zip-style plastic freezer bag, squeezed out most of the air, sealed it, then handed it to the kids and told them to squeeze away. Afterward, I snipped off one corner of the bag and squeezed the banana puree into my measuring cup.
Excellent! I made this today for the kids and my breakfast this week. I didn't even make the frosting and it's still amazing! Thanks!
I make this at least once a month - a fave with all. It reminds me of those freezer snack cakes I used to have when I was little - only better!