Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a favorite at my house, I make it often!
Make and share this Banana Snack Cake With Delicious Cream Cheese Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove (can use more to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg (can use more to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon whipping cream (unwhipped) or 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 8 or 9-inch square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add in the mashed bananas, buttermilk, vanilla and egg; mix well.
- In a small bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- Add into the creamed mixture; mix well.
- Stir in the nuts or chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the cake test done, and is a golden brown.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- For frosting: In a medium bowl, combine all frosting ingredients.
- Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Spread over cooled cake.