This is a favorite at my house, I make it often!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup sugar (more or less to taste)
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon clove (can use more to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (can use more to taste)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1/2 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour a 8 or 9-inch square baking dish.
- 3In a large bowl, beat sugar, and butter until light and fluffy.
- 4Add in the mashed bananas, buttermilk, vanilla and egg; mix well.
- 5In a small bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- 6Add into the creamed mixture; mix well.
- 7Stir in the nuts or chocolate chips.
- 8Spread the batter into prepared baking pan.
- 9Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the cake test done, and is a golden brown.
- 10Cool completely before frosting.
- 11For frosting: In a medium bowl, combine all frosting ingredients.
- 12Beat until smooth and creamy.
- 13Spread over cooled cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Snack Cake With Delicious Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.9
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.2 mg
- Sodium 350.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 45.4 g
- Protein 3.7 g