1/3 Photos of Banana Snack Cake With Brown-Butter Frosting
I always seem to have "over-ripe" bananas that I try to use before they become way too mushy. I found this recipe in Good Housekeeping and tried it. All the other ingredients are staples in my pantry and it's a great way to use up those extra bananas -- my family thinks it is really delicious as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
BANANA SNACK CAKE
- 1 1/3 cups mashed fully ripe bananas (4 medium)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (or margarine)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1To prepare Banana Snack Cake:.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour 13" by 9" metal baking pan.
- 3In small bowl, mix bananas, lemon juice, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- 4In a large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat butter with granulated and brown sugars 5 minutes or until light and creamy, scraping bowl often with rubber spatula.
- 5Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. At low speed, alternately add flour mixture and banana mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat just until smooth.
- 6Spoon batter into pan and spread evenly. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Coo cake in pan on wire rack.
- 7To prepare Brown-Butter Frosting:.
- 8In 1-quart saucepan, heat butter on medium heat 6-8 minutes or until melted and dark nutty-brown in color but not burned, stirring occasionally. Immediately transfer butter to pie plate; refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- 9In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat butter, sugar, milk, and vanilla until creamy and smooth. Spread frosting evenly over cooled cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Snack Cake With Brown-Butter Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.0
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 71.7 mg
- Sodium 296.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 53.3 g
- Protein 3.7 g