Recipe by barefootmommawv
I find this to be super sweet but its oh so yummy! This is great as cup cakes.
Top Review by appleydapply
These were yummy. I made into 18 cupcakes which were done in 20 minutes. I didn't make the frosting b/c I had leftover chocolate ganache from Recipe #241438. They were wonderful with the chocolate but I'm sure they'd be delicious w/ the brown sugar frosting also. Thanks for sharing this recipe; made for 1-2-3 tag.
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 177.44 ml packed brown sugar
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml mashed ripe banana (2 to 3 medium)
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour or 473.18 ml whole wheat flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 118.29 ml buttermilk
- 118.29 ml chopped nuts
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 88.74 ml milk
- 591.47-709.77 ml confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream the shortening and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in bananas and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Stir in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- If desired for frosting, combine the brown sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; cool to lukewarm.
- Gradually beat in confectioners sugar until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Frost the cooled cake.