Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a nice way to use up that last banana that's gotten too ripe. It makes a nice small snack cake (Hence, the name!) rather than a big bread loaf.
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- confectioners' sugar
- Preheat Oven to 350'.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and baking soda.
- In another bowl, whisk together brown sugar, water, oil, vanilla and banana.
- Stir Into dry ingredients, just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 8x8 inches square pan.
- Bake at 350' for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Dust with confectioners sugar before serving.
Pretty good cake, I was surprised there was no egg in it, and it only baked about 20 minutes and it was done. Frosted with cream cheese frosting.