This recipe comes from the first cookbook I ever had -- a children's cookbook whose name has long been lost. This is still my favorite recipe for banana smoothies -- it's incredibly easy, tasty, and decently healthy. Don't let the nutrition facts fool you -- this recipe is nice and sweet. The riper your banana, the sweeter it will be. If you REALLY have a sweet tooth, you could add sugar, but I never bother -- the vanilla and banana make it sugary enough.
- Take out ye olde blender and pour in a cup of milk -- feel free to guestimate.
- Peel the banana, break it in half, and add it to the blender.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and the ice cubes.
- Blend for about 20 seconds.
- Poor into a glass and enjoy.