1/1 Photo of Banana Smoothie ("for Kids")
This recipe comes from the first cookbook I ever had -- a children's cookbook whose name has long been lost. This is still my favorite recipe for banana smoothies -- it's incredibly easy, tasty, and decently healthy. Don't let the nutrition facts fool you -- this recipe is nice and sweet. The riper your banana, the sweeter it will be. If you REALLY have a sweet tooth, you could add sugar, but I never bother -- the vanilla and banana make it sugary enough.
My Private Note
- 1Take out ye olde blender and pour in a cup of milk -- feel free to guestimate.
- 2Peel the banana, break it in half, and add it to the blender.
- 3Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and the ice cubes.
- 4Blend for about 20 seconds.
- 5Poor into a glass and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Smoothies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Smoothie ("for Kids")
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.6
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 60.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 4.6 g