Recipe by bluemoon downunder
A delicious low-fat smoothie, sweetened naturally with honey, with extra nutrition from wheat germ and sunflower seeds, and extra flavour from cinnamon. A great morning-pick-me-up! I often take some to work in a Tupperware container with a firm lid, and enjoy it as a mid-morning snack.
Top Review by LillyZackMom
This was YUMMY!! Made per instructions except I used FF vanilla Greek yogurt. I cut the recipe in half for just me, and added 1 packet of Stevia. I think next time I'll add more cinnamon but otherwise this was awesome! Thanks for sharing!
- 2 cups skim milk or 2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 medium bananas, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend or process the ingredients until smooth.
- Note: Use frozen bananas - or add ice cubes to the blender - for a thicker smoothie. I'm reluctant to add ice cubes to my blender, and if the smoothie is not all being drunk at the time you make it, I'd advise against the ice blocks, because naturally they'll just make what's drunk later more watery! Add any other fruit, as takes your fancy!