Recipe by Jo Ann L
This is a delicious, refreshing non-alcoholic punch. It's wonderful on a very hot day. Its only disadvantage is that, as the recipe says, it has to be drunk fairly quickly, before the slush melts. So this isn't a recipe to use at a party where the punch may sit in the bowl for quite awhile.
- 4 cups sugar
- 6 cups water
- 1 (48 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 5 ripe bananas
- 3 -4 lemons, juice of
- 4 (2 liter) bottles Sprite (diet is ok)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the sugar and water together for 5 minutes; cool.
- Mash the bananas and add the pineapple and lemon juices.
- Mix with the sugar water.
- Place in freezer.
- Can be frozen in 4 half-gallon milk cartons.
- (Well-rinsed, of course) To serve, mash one container of slush with a potato masher in the punch bowl.
- Pour one bottle of the Sprite over it and mix together.
- Serve immediatelyslush should not be allowed to melt completely.