Prep 4 hrs
Cook 20 mins
A great twist on the strawberry shortcake Source: Family Circle
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream
- 2 medium firm bananas, peeled, quartered lengthwise and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups buttermilk biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- whipped cream
- chopped walnuts
- Soften ice cream in medium-size bowl for 15 minutes or until it can be stirred. Stir in chopped bananas and walnuts. Return to freezer for at least 4 hours or until ready to scoop.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Stir together biscuit mix, milk, chocolate chips, sugar, mashed bananas, walnuts and melted butter in large bowl. Drop 8 heaping 1/4 cupfuls onto ungreased baking sheet; spread slightly.
- Bake in 425 degrees F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Remove shortcakes to wire rack to cool.
- Split each shortcake in half horizontally. Fill each with about 1/2 cup ice cream. Place shortcake tops on each. Dollop with whipped cream and sprinkle with chopped nuts if desired.