Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
yummy on a hot day and so simple to make. only 3 ingredients!
- In a small saucepan, stir together sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and allow to cool.
- When the sugar syrup is cool, stir in bananas.
- Pour into a freezer- safe baking dish.
- Freeze for 3 to 4 hours, until set at the edges.
- Remove from the freezer and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Use an electric mixer to beat until smooth.
- Return to the freezer until gently set, at least 2 hours.
This is NOT a sherbet recipe! This is a sorbet! Sherbet have milk in them, sorbets do not!
A little too sweet for us, but that is easy enough to remedy. I did find the colour a bit off-putting because of the brownish flecks in the bananas, so we added some fresh raspberries to change the colour and a dash of low fat half and half cream. Thx for the recipe.
It's dairy-free, that's great!