Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Found this online. A great frozen banana dessert. Cook time is freezing time.
- 1⁄2 cup whole almond
- 1 lb banana, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Toast almonds on baking sheet in oven for 7 to 10 minutes or until fragrant and crisp. Cool. Coarsely chop.
- Combine bananas, brown sugar, rum and lime juice in food processor and whirl until pureed.
- Transfer puree to large bowl.
- Beat cream in small bowl until frothy. Gradually beat in granulated sugar and salt until soft peaks form. Gently fold cream into banana mixture.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons nuts for garnish and fold remaining nuts into banana mixture.
- Spoon into 8 individual ramekins or dessert cups then cover with plastic wrap and freeze 1 1/2 hours or up to 3 days. (The longer the mixture is frozen the longer it will need to warm up slightly before serving.).
- To serve: Remove from freezer and let stand for 30 minutes or until softened to smooth and creamy consistency. Sprinkle with reserved nuts.