Prep 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
Scones with a banana flavor
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons butter, cold
- 4 tablespoons 2% low-fat milk (or light cream)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup banana, diced (approx. half a medium banana)
- Preheat oven to 400°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and ginger. Cut butter into a few chunks and rub it into the flour mixture with your fingertips.
- Mix milk and vanilla in a small glass. Pour about 4 tablespoons into the flour mixture and stir until the mixture starts to come together. Add the banana chunks and continue to stir, adding more milk if necessary, until dough comes together.
- Pat dough into a disk about 1 inch thick. Cut into four sections with a knife and place each on baking sheet.
- Bake at 400F for 17-20 minutes, until light gold.
- Cool on wire rack or eat warm. These scones are best the day they are made.
perfectly delicious! I made a few changes, using gluten free flour and I used 2 medium sized bananas, so I added about 1/2 cup more of flour, they still turned out great!
This recipe is as easy as can be. My scones baked up moist and delicious. I will make this a regular breakfast treat. Love this recipe!
Love this recipe is perfect and easy to make first recipe ive made i where my scones didnt turn into little rocks I made this recipe using butter milk and 3 times the amount of ingredients I kept 2 tablespoons of the milk aside and added after i put in the Banana