Prep 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
Scones with a banana flavor
Make and share this Banana Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and ginger. Cut butter into a few chunks and rub it into the flour mixture with your fingertips.
- Mix milk and vanilla in a small glass. Pour about 4 tablespoons into the flour mixture and stir until the mixture starts to come together. Add the banana chunks and continue to stir, adding more milk if necessary, until dough comes together.
- Pat dough into a disk about 1 inch thick. Cut into four sections with a knife and place each on baking sheet.
- Bake at 400F for 17-20 minutes, until light gold.
- Cool on wire rack or eat warm. These scones are best the day they are made.
Very good! I love the bits of banana in these. I made two changes by adding some diced pecans and sprinkling demarara sugar and cinnamon on the top. I also doubled the recipe to make 8 scones so I could freeze some.
its perfect ! i used self raising flour and omit the baking powder, plus a handful of choc chips. fantastic !
Delicious! I added 1/2 cup of mini semi-sweet choc chips and I got rave reviews from everyone, will definitely make again!!