Recipe by LAURIE
These are a little different from the other fried bananas as these are done with a crumb coating instead of a batter. A snack, side dish or dessert, you decide. From a 1956 banana pamphlet
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten (or 1/4 cup evaporated milk)
- 4 firm bananas (yellow or slightly green tipped)
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs (finely crushed or use bread or cracker crumbs or corn meal, I mixed a combo of what was in the cupbo)
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- To deep fry, have kettle 1/2 to 2/3 full of oil.
- To shallow fry, have 1 inch oil in frying pan.
- I use my Fry daddy.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees or until a 1 inch cube od bread browns in about 40 seconds.
- Add salt to egg (or milk).
- Peel bananas and slice crosswise into 1 inch thick pieces.
- Dip each piece into egg (or milk).
- Roll in crumbs.
- Fry in hot oil 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until brown and tender.
- Drain well.