Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
These are a little different from the other fried bananas as these are done with a crumb coating instead of a batter. A snack, side dish or dessert, you decide. From a 1956 banana pamphlet
- To deep fry, have kettle 1/2 to 2/3 full of oil.
- To shallow fry, have 1 inch oil in frying pan.
- I use my Fry daddy.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees or until a 1 inch cube od bread browns in about 40 seconds.
- Add salt to egg (or milk).
- Peel bananas and slice crosswise into 1 inch thick pieces.
- Dip each piece into egg (or milk).
- Roll in crumbs.
- Fry in hot oil 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until brown and tender.
- Drain well.