Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a quick to make sauce that is great served on ice cream or pound cake.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 firm bananas, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the bananas to the hot butter.
- Let cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Cook over medium heat until the sugar begins to caramelize, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the vanilla.
- Add pecans just before serving.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Makes about 1 1/2 cups.