Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
What a great dish for potlucks or anytime. Salad can be made a day ahead. The juice mixture can be made a day ahead, leaving out the cool whip. When ready to serve add cool whip to mixture and spread on salad.
- 1 (3 ounce) box lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (drain juice and save)
- 2 cups small marshmallows
- 6 bananas, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 -2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- Make jello by directions.
- Set till shakey.
- Add pineapple, marshmallows and bananas.
- Spread in 13 x 9 inch dish.
- Add enough water to pineapple juice to make 1 cup.
- Combine juice, egg, sugar and cornstarch.
- Cook until thick.
- Add cool whip, then spread over top of chilled jello mixture.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over top of salad.