Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
An usual dessert for banana lovers. Super easy to make! Cook time is chill time.
- 6 bananas (sliced lengthwise)
- 1 cup crushed peanuts or 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Cook sugar, flour, egg, and milk until thickened.
- Add salt and vinegar, stir and let cool.
- In serving dish, alternate layers of banana's, dressing, and nuts.
- Chill until ready to serve.
This happens to be one of my family's favorite holiday menu items. It's been in the family for years and we wouldn't think of getting together without making it. Definitely an unusual taste, and it usually takes people by surprise when they first try it because they're not expecting the bite of the vinegar. It only keeps a day, but it doesn't last long at our table anyway.
I made this recipe for my 3 chefs. It was very simple to make and really tasty.