Recipe by CindiJ
My mom used to make this all the time when I was little. It is one of those recipes where there really isn't a recipe - she just did it. After a lengthy talk with my little sister this past week, I decided I had better try to remake these and write them down so we don't forget this wonderful little tidbits.
- 4 bananas, peeled and speared
- lettuce leaf (of your choice)
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Spanish peanut, chopped (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In small mixing bowl mix together the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, milk. Mix well to dissolve sugar completely. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange lettuce leaves (mom always used the larger iceberg type, but any will do) on salad plates.
- Peel and spear the bananas. (To spear, cut banana in half, carefully insert your finger into the center of the cut, the banana will separate into 3 sections we called spears.).
- Arrange spears on top of lettuce leaves.
- Drizzle generously with dressing over bananas and lettuce.
- Garnish with chopped spanish peanuts (if desired).
- Serve immediately or keep chilled until ready to serve.
- *Bananas may darken if prepared too early. Best if made and immediately served.