Recipe by Breeze144
Yummy treat from '365 quick, easy & inexpensive dinner menus' - my fav book for reliable recipes!
Top Review by Nikoma
Well I cheated a bit. I used fat free, sugar free jello cook and serve vanilla pudding. I thought it would be creamier - more like a pudding dessert but it wasn't. Makes a great breakfast "salad" that I'll probably make again. Thanks!
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 cups skim milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker
- 3⁄4 cup crushed peanuts
- 3 bananas, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a sauce pan, mix together sugar, cornstarch, salt and flour.
- Gradually stir in milk over medium heat and bring to a boil - let boil for 1 minute.
- Beat egg yolks and blend approx 1 cup of hot mixture with eggs, then blend egg mixture with the rest of the hot mixture.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 1 more minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and bend in butter and vanilla.
- Let cool.
- Serve by layering graham crackers, peanuts, banana slices and saucepan dressing in a dish. Can be served warm or cold.