Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yummy treat from '365 quick, easy & inexpensive dinner menus' - my fav book for reliable recipes!
- In a sauce pan, mix together sugar, cornstarch, salt and flour.
- Gradually stir in milk over medium heat and bring to a boil - let boil for 1 minute.
- Beat egg yolks and blend approx 1 cup of hot mixture with eggs, then blend egg mixture with the rest of the hot mixture.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 1 more minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and bend in butter and vanilla.
- Let cool.
- Serve by layering graham crackers, peanuts, banana slices and saucepan dressing in a dish. Can be served warm or cold.
Well I cheated a bit. I used fat free, sugar free jello cook and serve vanilla pudding. I thought it would be creamier - more like a pudding dessert but it wasn't. Makes a great breakfast "salad" that I'll probably make again. Thanks!