Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is done in a crockpot--very simple but tasty.
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark rum or 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium banana, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 15 -18 vanilla wafers
- Beat milk, eggs, sugar, rum and salt in medium bowl. Pour into 1-quart casserole. Do not cover.
- Add rack to 5-quart slow cooker and pour in 1 cup water. Place casserole on rack. Cover; cook on LOW 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
- Remove casserole from slow cooker. Spoon custard into individual dessert dishes. Arrange banana slices and wafers over custard. Garnish as desired.