Prep 8 hrs
Cook 45 mins
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 14 slices of thick French bread
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ounce rum
- 1 mashed banana
- Brown Sugar Crumble Topping: Combine brown sugar, butter, oatmeal and cinnamon until crumbly French Toast: Spray 10 x 15 inch glass baking dish with pan spray, arrange bread in dish.
- Beat together eggs, cream, milk, vanilla, rum, and banana, pour over bread.
- Cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate over night.
- In morning: Take french toast out of refrigerator, preheat oven 350' degrees F.
- Top with Brown Sugar Crumble mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes until puffy and golden covering with foil last 10 minutes.
OMG this was great. Definitely something to do again. And when you like to have friends in for breakfast this is an ideal dish to serve.