This is one of the best oatmeal cookies I've ever eaten. It is a healthy and low fat version too. The rum adds an extra kick. Courtesy of Cooking Light.
- 2⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ripe mashed banana
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon rum
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat flour)
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat first 4 ingredients with a mixer at medium speed until blended.
- Combine remaining dry ingredients , add to wet ingredients and stir with a whisk.
- Droup dough by 2 tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 19 minutes.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack.
Very good!! I had one large banana that needed to be used up. I also added choc chips. I used old fashioned oats instead of quick cooking. The cookies turned out great.
Excellent cookie and easy to make. These cookies could be made ahead of time because they taste even better the second day.
Excellent!! I used bananas that I had in the freezer. This made them even moister. I had peeled the bananas before I froze them. Great for smoothies!