Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From All Recipes. Uses a yellow cake mix.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup dark rum
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, baking soda, rum, water, eggs, bananas and nuts. Bring together, then beat on medium speed 2 to 4 minutes.
- Divide into prepared pans. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Cool completely.
- For the frosting: Combine 1/3 cup butter or margarine with the confectioners sugar. Blend thoroughly. Stir in vanilla and 2 tablespoons rum. Beat until smooth.