Recipe by Nana Lee
Here's is a super fast, diferent kind of brownie. Betcha can't eat just one!
Top Review by Peaches1027
I only used 1 teaspoon of vanilla because that's all I had on hand, and I added 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon into the banana/milk mixture. When the brownies cooled, I frosted them with chocolate frosting. They were excellent. I shared them with a neighbor, and he loved them too. They taste like a gourmet chocolate banana bread, very rich, moist and flavorful. The next time I make them I will add the nuts because I didn't have those on hand this time. Thank you for the great recipe!
- 1 (21 ounce) box brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate or 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon rum extract or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 bananas, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup toasted chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Please ignore the 2 eggs and 1/2 cup milk.
- The ingredients for the brownie mix are bogus.
- I had to put in something so recipe would be accepted.
- Please use appropriate added ingredients for your particular brownie mix.
- Prepare brownie mix as directed on package in large bowl; set aside.
- Heat milk and extract in medium saucepan, until hot.
- Add bananas and stir for 1 minute to heat through.
- Pour banana mixture and nuts into brownie mix and stir.
- Pour into lightly greased 9-inch square pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
- Cut into bars.