Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Here's is a super fast, diferent kind of brownie. Betcha can't eat just one!
- 1 (21 ounce) box brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate or 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon rum extract or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 bananas, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Please ignore the 2 eggs and 1/2 cup milk.
- The ingredients for the brownie mix are bogus.
- I had to put in something so recipe would be accepted.
- Please use appropriate added ingredients for your particular brownie mix.
- Prepare brownie mix as directed on package in large bowl; set aside.
- Heat milk and extract in medium saucepan, until hot.
- Add bananas and stir for 1 minute to heat through.
- Pour banana mixture and nuts into brownie mix and stir.
- Pour into lightly greased 9-inch square pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
- Cut into bars.
I only used 1 teaspoon of vanilla because that's all I had on hand, and I added 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon into the banana/milk mixture. When the brownies cooled, I frosted them with chocolate frosting. They were excellent. I shared them with a neighbor, and he loved them too. They taste like a gourmet chocolate banana bread, very rich, moist and flavorful. The next time I make them I will add the nuts because I didn't have those on hand this time. Thank you for the great recipe!
I thought they were great - very moist and did not dry out. My kids however didn't like them too much...they saw and tasted the banana bits and they prefer the more traditional type of brownie. But if you can get kids to try them, then that's one more way to get some fruit into their diet! Thanks for submitting the recipe!