Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Having a bakery and being a caterer, I have to say this is the one banana roll recipe I used consistently.
- 3 ripened bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 1 -8 ounce cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 10x15 jelly roll pan with waxed paper. Spray well with vegetable oil.
- Mash the 3 bananas well. I use a food processor fitted with the metal blade and pulse it until it's fully mashed.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until well blended. Add the bananas, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Pour into the prepared jelly roll pan.
- Spread evenly making sure the corners are filled evenly as well.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- On a clean towel sprinkled heavily with confectioners sugar turn out the baked roll. Starting from the small end roll up using the towel as you go.
- Let cool completely.
- While cooling prepare the filling. In a good sized bowl, beat the room temperature butter and cream cheese. Add the confectioners sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Unroll the cooled roll; fill evenly the re-roll. Sift confectioners sugar on top.
Very nice !! I had no trouble making this very good cake !! Just like it's brother (pumpkin roll cake) it turns out well every time !!
This was a favorite everyone liked it . Didn't even get a chance to bring a piece home. Flovor of the bananas was good. I put my bananas in the blender, so they were really liquidy. It was really moist. Filling was excellent. Will make again and again