1/1 Photo of Banana Ricotta Pancakes
There is a funny story behind this. One morning I decided to make "banana sour cream pancakes" which is a favorite around here. When it was time to throw in the sour cream I saw in horror that our sour cream had gone bad!! I said to my husband "should we try ricotta cheese instead?" he looked at me as if I had just crawled out of the TV. LOL. I told him it cant be that bad and we agreed we'd give it a try. Lo & Behold, these are very good. We Loved it. Now we alterante between ricotta & sour creams. lol ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Using one large bowl for the "dry" combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- 22. Using a med bowl for the "wet" combine ricotta cheese, milk, eggs, vanila extract, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- 33. Toss contents in the "wet" bowl into the "dry" bowl and stir to blend well.
- 44. Dice up bananas.
- 55. Melt butter in a hot skillet or a hot griddle and smother it all over.
- 66. Drop 1/4 cupfuls onto the hot skillet/griddle. (note, i used an ice cream scooper, it worked great.).
- 77. Using your fingers drop about 5-7 pieces of diced bananas onto each batter round, making sure it gets distrubted all over the batter, not just one clump in the middle.
- 88. Wait a couple minutes and then flip and press down with the back of your spatula to flatten it, not too hard though just a little pressure will do.
- 99. Cook for a couple to a few minutes for that side. As soon as it's done, transfer to a warm plate and cover with a towel until you are done with all of your batter and ready to serve!
- 10Note. because the sugar from the banana carmelizes, you will need to wipe down the skillet/griddle with a paper towel and add more butter after each batch.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Ricotta Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1545.6
- Calories from Fat 417
- Total Fat 46.4 g
- Saturated Fat 25.2 g
- Cholesterol 541.8 mg
- Sodium 9913.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 226.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 56.9 g
- Protein 53.4 g