1/1 Photo of Banana Ricotta Pancakes
There is a funny story behind this. One morning I decided to make "banana sour cream pancakes" which is a favorite around here. When it was time to throw in the sour cream I saw in horror that our sour cream had gone bad!! I said to my husband "should we try ricotta cheese instead?" he looked at me as if I had just crawled out of the TV. LOL. I told him it cant be that bad and we agreed we'd give it a try. Lo & Behold, these are very good. We Loved it. Now we alterante between ricotta & sour creams. lol ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Using one large bowl for the "dry" combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- 22. Using a med bowl for the "wet" combine ricotta cheese, milk, eggs, vanila extract, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- 33. Toss contents in the "wet" bowl into the "dry" bowl and stir to blend well.
- 44. Dice up bananas.
- 55. Melt butter in a hot skillet or a hot griddle and smother it all over.
- 66. Drop 1/4 cupfuls onto the hot skillet/griddle. (note, i used an ice cream scooper, it worked great.).
- 77. Using your fingers drop about 5-7 pieces of diced bananas onto each batter round, making sure it gets distrubted all over the batter, not just one clump in the middle.
- 88. Wait a couple minutes and then flip and press down with the back of your spatula to flatten it, not too hard though just a little pressure will do.
- 99. Cook for a couple to a few minutes for that side. As soon as it's done, transfer to a warm plate and cover with a towel until you are done with all of your batter and ready to serve!
- 10Note. because the sugar from the banana carmelizes, you will need to wipe down the skillet/griddle with a paper towel and add more butter after each batch.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Ricotta Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1545.6
- Calories from Fat 417
- Total Fat 46.4 g
- Saturated Fat 25.2 g
- Cholesterol 541.8 mg
- Sodium 9913.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 226.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 56.9 g
- Protein 53.4 g