Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Place milk into saucepan with vanilla pod, bring to the boil.
- Pour in rice and sugar and stir.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon.
- Grease an ovenproof dish and pour in rice pudding then grease a small circle of greaseproof paper (this will stop a skin from forming). Put in a preheated oven 160C for 2 hours.
- Raspberry sauce: Place raspberries in a food processor with the icing sugar and blend to a smooth pouring consistency.
- Strain the sauce to remove the seeds and put aside. Take the pudding out of the oven and mix in the creme fraiche. Mash the banana and mix with the pudding.
- Add honey and crushed nuts and mix.
- Then pack pudding into a ramekin dish, sprinkle the top with brown sugar and place under the grill.
- Place ramekin on to a plate and decorate with the sauce. Garnish with fresh sprigs of mint.
I've never heard of anything like this before... I didn't have all the ingredients at the time... so I just made banana pudding with left over minute rice. I added to that mixture raisins, cinnamon, honey & nutmeg. I had my 5yo test taste it and he loved it. Anyhow... I will have to try this one sometime look. Sounds so nummy. Thanks for the idea!!