Recipe by Starfire (aka Wendy)
Childhood memories of my Mom in the kitchen come to mind with this recipe. This is a creamy comfort food it makes me feel like a little girl again. This works great in your Nuwave/Flavorwave oven. I looked at my Mom's rice pudding recipes and I made a twist on it. Your house will spell wonderful and everyone will come running wondering what you are making! My roommate begs me to make this for her and her kids. I have been asked to make this dessert for Christmas. My roommate thought this would go over well with her family. So, if you keep sweetened condensed milk on hand and rice you are already there! Note, I like using Jasmine rice, it seems to be more creamy.
Top Review by Nana1947
Very good. I did reduce the cinnamon and pure vanilla extract to 1 tablespoon, the nutmeg to 1 1/2 teaspoons. It seemed like to much spice. Also, I cooked on Hi for 20 minutes and covered with foil the last 10 minutes.
- 1 cup white rice or 1 cup brown rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 -2 banana
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- Cook up rice using regular directions and then set aside.
- Mix Rice, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, cinnamon, brown sugar, nutmeg and banana. Mix well. Check to see if this is to your liking, add more vanilla or cinnamon depending on what you like.
- In large flan pan (fluted white round pan/glass - Looks like a flan pan) Or two square pans (cooked separately). Cook 30 minutes on HI or until set.