Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
From: “South of the Sahara: Traditional Cooking from the Lands of West Africa” by Elizabeth A. Jackson.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice flour or 1 1⁄2 cups cream of rice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup currants or 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease a 9-inch loaf or round cake pan.
- Mix rice flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and raisins in a large bowl.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, mashed bananas, and oil in a separate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mixing batter thoroughly.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes, before turning out on rack to finish cooling.