Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This can be served immediately as a thick malt-like drink or as soft "ice cream."
Make and share this Banana Raspberry Slush recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled, wrapped in plastic, frozen
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Remove plastic wrap from banana.
- Cut frozen banana into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Place in a blender.
- Add milk, raspberries and honey and blend until very thick and smooth, stopping to scrape down as necessary.
- Adjust sweetness to taste.
- Serve immediately.
I used a fresh ripe banana and splenda instead of honey. It was so yummy. I used a little bit more milk. Thanks DuChick :) Made for PAC Fall 2011
PERFECT! This is THE perfect smoothie. I cut it in half for just me and it is actually very smooth and creamy - I used a room temperature banana though, so maybe that's why. I would've never thought to pair raspberries and bananas, but oh my, I think it's a better combo than strawberries and bananas, if there is such a thing! :) I liked the touch of honey too. Just a little extra sweetness, but not too much and no added sugar! Thanks for sharing... ~ gulp ~ this is a keeper!
It was nice to give the boys a healthy drink to go with their not-so-healthy mac and cheese for lunch :) I don't recommend using this in a smoothie blender because it was hard on the motor and I had to add more milk. Delish! Made for Potluck Tag. Thanks!