Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A litle like banana bread but with a fresh berry taste!
Make and share this Banana Raspberry Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 overripe bananas
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pint cleaned raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted pecans or 1⁄2 cup almonds
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Cream butter with sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Puree bananas, sour cream and vanilla.
- Alternate dry ingredients and banana mixture to the egg mixture.
- Beat enough to incorporate.
- Fold in raspberries and toasted nuts.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins and bake in a preheated 350 deg F oven for about 25 minutes, until puffed, browned and springy.
- Makes about 15 muffins.
Excellent recipe.. I made a couple of substitutions just for personal preference. I used half whole wheat flour, brown sugar (about 3/4) cup, and vanilla yogurt instead of sour cream. <br/>I also through in a 1/2 cup of chocolate chips! Yummy!
I made the muffins just as the recipe was written and loved them; did not find a need to add more sugar. The toasted pecans added a lot of flavour. I am on vacation without my usual recipes and googled to find this one. I think in the future this recipe will replace my old raspberry banana muffin recipe as they were so moist and tasty. I might try adding chocolate chips next time in addition to the pecans.
Very tasty muffin, but could be sweeter. The raspberry makes them taste less sweet. They taste a lot like banana bread. The sour cream is a no-fail for moist muffins. I love the recipe and will add more sugar next time.