Recipe by mikey & ev
This is an excellent cake/bread recipe with very little fat. Notice there is no butter or oil, just bananas. I cut down to 2 larger bananas but it was a little dry so I did actually add just a little canola oil, but I definitely wouldn't have if I had used all 4 bananas. Also, I subbed in blueberries (frozen unthawed) for the raspberries because it's what I had. I stirred them in towards the end of the gentle mixing with a silicon spatula so they wouldn't get mashed up.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large bananas, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Coat an 8" loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; whisk to blend. Make a well in center; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine bananas, milk, egg, and vanilla; fold in raspberries.
- Pour batter into center of dry ingredients; fold together until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into pan; bake 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely. Slice before wrapping individually.