Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Bananas and raspberries go so well together in this moist quick bread. Fresh raspberries are best, but you can also use frozen by using additonal juice from the berries.
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a loaf pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda in a medium size bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine shortening and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Alternately add flour mixture and bananas and mix until smooth.
- Carefully fold in raspberries.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove to rack to cool.
Personally I thought this was a waste of good raspberries. I love both banana bread & raspberries, but didn't feel they worked well together in this case. Also, be aware that if you use frozen berries the addition of the extra raspberry juice gives the bread an unappealing color.
Marie, what can I say...I love banana bread and yours is yummy. I just loved the addition of the raspberries. This bread is moist, not overly sweet, flavourful and has a lovely texture. Best of all this excellant bread is very easy to make.