Recipe by Marie
Bananas and raspberries go so well together in this moist quick bread. Fresh raspberries are best, but you can also use frozen by using additonal juice from the berries.
Top Review by Rosehart
Personally I thought this was a waste of good raspberries. I love both banana bread & raspberries, but didn't feel they worked well together in this case. Also, be aware that if you use frozen berries the addition of the extra raspberry juice gives the bread an unappealing color.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3 ripe mashed bananas
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh raspberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen raspberries (if frozen, add 1/4 cup raspberry juice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a loaf pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda in a medium size bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine shortening and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Alternately add flour mixture and bananas and mix until smooth.
- Carefully fold in raspberries.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove to rack to cool.