Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Lots of fiber, slightly sweet, and overall delicious!
Make and share this Banana Raspberry Bran Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat bran, unprocessed
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 bananas
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Mix bran, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- 3. In a separate bowl, slightly mash bananas (still chunky), eggs, applesauce, milk, honey, and vanilla.
- (may require slightly more honey or sugar if you prefer them sweet).
- 4. Fold in raspberries and walnuts.
- 5. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned and toothpick comes out clean.