Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Raita is and Indian dish. It can be eaten alone or used as sauce or dip.
- 2 bananas, ripe medium sized peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, desiccated unsweetened
- Roast/dry fry coconut in a small pan or in a microwave, until a nice aroma rises and it changes colour to slightly brownish pink. You can toast the coconut in a microwave. Spread on a plate and cook on full for 3 (2+1) minutes. Keep aside.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice over bananas, to keep them from discolouring.
- Mix yogurt with honey and half the coconut.
- Add bananas and stir lightly.
- Garnish with remaining coconut.
- Serve chilled.