Recipe by Engrossed
From: "The Vegetarian Epicure" by Anna Thomas, first edition 1972. This book was a real find! You may want to add a touch of orange, lemon or lime juice to the mashed banana.
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon ghee or 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a skillet over low heat.
- Lightly crush spices together with a mortar and add to the butter, stir until fragrant.
- Stir in bananas and remove from heat.
- Stir in the yogurt and transfer to a serving dish.
- Chill well in the refrigerator before serving.