Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
How about packing along some delicious Trail Mix to take along on those hikes and campouts? From Better Homes And Gardens
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 cups dried banana chips
- 2 cups unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 (6 ounce) packagemixed dried fruit (1-1/3 cups)
- In a storage container combine raisins, banana chips, peanuts, and fruit.
- Store in a cool, dry place for up to 1 week.
- (To tote, take the container or divide among small resealable plastic bags.) Makes about 7 cups (14, 1/2-cup servings).
- Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare the mix.
- Store, covered, in a cool, dry place up to 1 week.
I have never made my own trail mix but this was much better than the kind you buy. We go hiking or biking almost every weekend. I made up small bags for all of us to put in our fanny packs. Came in real handy. Great tasting trail mix that gives an energy boost.
Love it! Banana chips happen to be one of my weaknesses and peanuts happen to be the ex-sweetheart of my tummy(until before I realised how fatening they were, I would eat them like they were totally calorie-free). LOL:) I like this mix! Thank You, Auntie Bev and Happy Birthday, a day in advance:)
This was really good and was made several times. I really enjoyed it as a snack (I like snacking throughout the day). I especially enjoyed the fact that it satiated my sweet tooth while being healthier than the more fatty goodies.