Recipe by Bev
How about packing along some delicious Trail Mix to take along on those hikes and campouts? From Better Homes And Gardens
Top Review by TamaraJo77
I have never made my own trail mix but this was much better than the kind you buy. We go hiking or biking almost every weekend. I made up small bags for all of us to put in our fanny packs. Came in real handy. Great tasting trail mix that gives an energy boost.
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 cups dried banana chips
- 2 cups unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 (6 ounce) packagemixed dried fruit (1-1/3 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a storage container combine raisins, banana chips, peanuts, and fruit.
- Store in a cool, dry place for up to 1 week.
- (To tote, take the container or divide among small resealable plastic bags.) Makes about 7 cups (14, 1/2-cup servings).
- Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare the mix.
- Store, covered, in a cool, dry place up to 1 week.