Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This will make two loaf breads, the coffee and orange rind really kicks up the flavor! The bananas will need to be mashed in with the coffee before adding to the batter.
Top Review by Bobbie
Just take a look at all the wonderful flavors buried in this breakfast bread! It's a samba in your mouth!!! We loved it!!! The hardest part of the recipe is waiting for it to come out of the oven -- the entire house smelled so wonderful!!! And once we were able to sample it, we weren't one bit disappointed. I made this for Kitten's Tagathon.
- 1 1⁄2 cups melted butter
- 2 cups brown sugar (can use 1/4 cup less sugar)
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 orange, rind of, grated
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans.
- In a bowl beat melted butter with brown sugar for 2 minutes (or until no sugar granules remain).
- Add in eggs, vanilla, almond extract and the rind from 1 orange.
- Mash 2 cups bananas in 1 cup brewed coffee; add to the creamed mixture; mix to combine.
- In a small bowl mix together flour with, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg and cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture and stir with wooden spoon until just combined (do not overmix!).
- Add in raisins and nuts; mix lightly until combined.
- Divide the mixture between the two pans.
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes or until loaves test done.