Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
I found this recipe on the www.cheerios.com website. It appears to be different from the other posted recipes. "Breakfast on the go? Try yummy banana muffins with cereal baked right in them." Tips from the kitchen - How-To: Brown bananas? Toss them, unpeeled, in the freezer. They'll be ready when you need them for any recipe using mashed bananas. Simply thaw and mash. NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING: Serving Size: 1 Muffin Calories 190 Calories from Fat 40 % Daily Value Total Fat 4 1/2g 7% Saturated 1g 4% Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 20mg 6% Sodium 150mg 6% Total Carbohydrate 34g 11% Dietary Fiber 2g 7% Sugars 16g Protein 3g
- 2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal (I'm going to use the Banana Nut Cheerios!)
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup banana, ripe and mashed (2 to 3 medium)
- 1 cup raisins
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 400°F Grease bottoms only of 12 regular-size muffin cups.
- Crush cereal. In large bowl, stir together cereal, flour, brown sugar and baking powder. Stir in remaining ingredients just until moistened. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe was very good. I changed it a tad. Instead of cheerios I used bran flakes, and I substituted whole wheat flour. To make it moist with the wheat flour I added a 1/4 applesauce. I also added chocolate chips in place of the raisins. I'm making this recipe as Christmas gifts for my friends. So, thank you so much for posting.
This was not a favorite. It smelled good baking but tasted a little bland.
I have a 16 month old daughter who insists on feeding herself. I was looking for something that she could have for breakfast, and this is perfect. It has all of her favorite things. I'm freezing half of them, so that I can take one out in the mornings. Thanks for posting!