Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These muffins would be great for a quick and healthy breakfast or snack on the go. Adapted from a weight loss tracking websites newsletter.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 medium bananas, mashed (around 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375º degrees.
- In a large bowl add sugar, baking soda, salt, and flour. Stir well to combine dry ingredients.
- Add oil, milk, mashed bananas and vanilla, mix just until flour is moistened. Fold in raisins.
- Using a non-stick muffin pan or muffin papers, fill muffin cups approximately 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and let cool.
Love these! They came out so moist I was really surprised. I did add some allspice and threw in about 3 tbls of chopped nuts that I had. Easy to prepare . Made for kittencalskitchen.com recipe tag game. :)
Loved them. Very tasty and decidedly on the healthier side. I think the whole wheat flour is wonderful. I used a very scant 1/4 cup of Splenda , skim milk and added a 1/4 tsp of nutmeg. 5 stars because they are not packed with fat and and are yummy. Thanks for a very enjoyable recipe Lauralie
Lovely recipe one of my regular ones now. Tweaked it slightly by adding an extra banana and whizzing it up in my blender with milk and oil I left out vanilla and added TSP of cinnamon powder, also doubled the raisins. I make smaller muffins as the first ones were huge. So nice to be able to have a juicy fruity muffin when I'm trying to eat clean. Thank you.