Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These muffins would be great for a quick and healthy breakfast or snack on the go. Adapted from a weight loss tracking websites newsletter.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 medium bananas, mashed (around 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375º degrees.
- In a large bowl add sugar, baking soda, salt, and flour. Stir well to combine dry ingredients.
- Add oil, milk, mashed bananas and vanilla, mix just until flour is moistened. Fold in raisins.
- Using a non-stick muffin pan or muffin papers, fill muffin cups approximately 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and let cool.
Love these! They came out so moist I was really surprised. I did add some allspice and threw in about 3 tbls of chopped nuts that I had. Easy to prepare . Made for kittencalskitchen.com recipe tag game. :)
Loved them. Very tasty and decidedly on the healthier side. I think the whole wheat flour is wonderful. I used a very scant 1/4 cup of Splenda , skim milk and added a 1/4 tsp of nutmeg. 5 stars because they are not packed with fat and and are yummy. Thanks for a very enjoyable recipe Lauralie
These were simply delicious !! A wonderful moist flavor that was not sweet at all. I did use regular milk though. I had made 8 muffins and they were at least 3/4 full if not a bit more and they turned out to be a good size...not overly large but not mini either. My Daughter won't be getting any of these muffins in her goodie bag of food that she brings back to college. Will have to make another batch. Thanks for sharing Lauralie41 ...