Recipe by lauralie41
These muffins would be great for a quick and healthy breakfast or snack on the go. Adapted from a weight loss tracking websites newsletter.
Top Review by teresas
Love these! They came out so moist I was really surprised. I did add some allspice and threw in about 3 tbls of chopped nuts that I had. Easy to prepare . Made for kittencalskitchen.com recipe tag game. :)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 medium bananas, mashed (around 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375º degrees.
- In a large bowl add sugar, baking soda, salt, and flour. Stir well to combine dry ingredients.
- Add oil, milk, mashed bananas and vanilla, mix just until flour is moistened. Fold in raisins.
- Using a non-stick muffin pan or muffin papers, fill muffin cups approximately 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and let cool.